Catriona Thomas MA, MCIL — Specialist legal translator
As a publicly appointed and sworn specialist legal translator and qualified interpreter for the English language, I concentrate on the translation of legal texts from German into English.
- Since 2008: assignments as a freelance interpreter and translator for courts, law firms, notaries, the police and other authorities as well as for enterprises and private persons
- 10 years’ experience as a staff legal translator at a renowned German law firm
- Regular professional development courses in legal matters and interpreting techniques
- Translation studies at the Munich Institute of Languages and Interpreting (SDI)
- 9 years’ experience on the editorial team of an English-language legal journal published by the Max Planck Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law, Munich
- Native language: English (born and brought up in London, UK)